Kamis, 25 Juli 2013

DIFFICULT REQUEST (BAHASAINGGRIS)

I was on the train the other day, travelling from Jakarta to Surabaya. I was sitting in a half full compartment and wanted to read the last chapterof Agatha chiristie is ‘’ the orient express ‘’. Suddeniy, a woman with a baby and two noisy children came in and said. ‘’ excuse me.is this seat taken ? ‘’ no ‘’ I answered bier. Usually I like to talk with people, but not this time. I wanted to finish reading the bookand find out whu the murderer was ‘’ may we join you ?’’ said the woman. At first I wanted to say ‘’ well actually. I’m reading a very exciting book and I’d like to finish it. Could you possibly find another compartment ?’’

But of course, I smiled a charming smile and said, ‘’ yes, certainly ‘’ I still have not finished the last chapter and stiil don’t know who the murderer was. You see. I am unfortunately one of those people who find it difficult to say ‘’no’’ to expression like ‘’ may I ….’’ Or is it aright if I …’’

People usually ask permission to do quite harmless things like use the telephone, turn the light on, open the window and things like that ,, some people even ask permission to wash their hands, but there are other people who don’t brother to ask permission at all. They say can I use your phone ? I want to call a friend ‘’ and pick up the reveicer bepore I can say a ward or they say ‘’I ll see you at three tomorrow ok ? ‘’ and then walk away or when you are in hurry, they just insist , saying ‘’ can I talk to you for e few minutes ? ‘’ the trouble it that when I hear those magic words : I just don’t have the courage to refuse. Well, what do you say to those difficult request.

7 komentar:

  1. Kunjungan sore gan...

    :D

    BalasHapus
  2. @Habibie,
    sipp :-)

    BalasHapus
  3. aku gak ngerti :cry:

    BalasHapus
  4. kunjungan sore+ijin menyimak aja shob, :D, met ngabuburit ya,,

    BalasHapus
  5. @Rofi Arizki,

    hahaha, mantap brow.

    BalasHapus
  6. lapor nih masta......
    blognya udah aq follow....

    dtunggu follbacknya.....:)

    BalasHapus
  7. @Zatmika,
    oke gan, siap meluncur

    BalasHapus